Job Title: Assistant Professor – Social Work
Salary: $67,404 per year
- Company: Carleton University
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Education Level: PHD/Doctorate
- Experience: 3 Years
- Nationality: Canadian
- Job Type: Teaching, Professor
Table of Contents
- Full Time (more than 40 hours a week)
- In most cases, the maximum hours of work allowable in a week is 48.
- under no circumstances should they exceed 60 hours in any given week.
Candidates must be required to work some evenings and weekends to meet with clients or attend public meetings affecting the community.
Start Date: Starts as soon as possible
- Respond to social issues like racism, poverty and unemployment.
- Social workers advocate for social justice
- Human rights and fair access to health and social services
Registered Nurse Job Description:
The School of Social Work at Carleton University invites applications from qualified candidates for a preliminary (tenure-track) appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor.
Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of post-MSW clinical experience.
Priority will be given to candidates whose research has a significant potential to contribute to improving clinical practice and service delivery with marginalized communities. Experience teaching clinical practice courses either at the graduate or undergraduate levels is essential.
- A cover letter of application describing your program of research, qualifications and interest in the position.
- Please indicate in your application if you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- In addition, please arrange to have three letters of references sent to the School of Social Work.
- A teaching dossier outlining experiences and accomplishments, teaching statement, sample course syllabi and teaching evaluations.
- Copies of two samples of academic work , either published or submitted for publication.
- A curriculum vitae that addresses your experiences in research, teaching, and social work practice.
- An MSW degree and a completed PhD in social work or a related field by the time of appointment or shortly thereafter.
- Candidates will have extensive knowledge of clinical social work practices and a commitment to critical social work frameworks.
- An ability to attract external funding and high-quality field-relevant peer reviewed publications or forthcoming publications.
- Excellence in teaching, have solid clinical/ practice experience in social work or a related field, and be supported by strong letters of reference.
- Clinical instruction and critical approaches to social work practice.
How to Apply:
Please apply for this position only if you meet the criteria given below:
- Gain teaching experience
- Network with other academics
- Apply for assistant professor positions
Address: Ontario, Canada
If you are interested and meet all of these criteria and have the required qualifications, we encourage you to apply for this position. You are requested to please submit your application in English. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including Indigenous peoples, newcomers to Canada and visible minorities.