The Stony Brook University is recognizing and rewarding our students’ excellence in all areas of learning and research. Stony Brook scholarship offers to new and continuing students, some of which merit alone and others that consider unique leadership, talents, and community service or financial need.
Here, the student’s financial need is sometimes an eligibility requirement or consideration. Hence, we motivate you to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA as possible in January of the year prior your fall enrollment. Thus, we offered scholarships that will be part of the complete financial aid award package, which cannot exceed the budgeted cost of attendance.
Scholarships can be applying to any of the expenses associated with a student’s Stony Brook scholarship education, and they need not to use for tuition only.
Table of Contents
Eligibility Criteria for Stony Brook Scholarship:
- 1. You have to be a first-year undergraduate international applicant to Stony Brook University for the fall 2021 semester. Here, an international applicant should have an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside the United States and does not possess US citizenship or permanent residency. Here we have mentioned the eligibility criteria for the Stony brook scholarship for students.
- 2. Thus, you should demonstrate interests, leadership skills, and personal initiative in activities that involve plans and intercultural learning to apply these at Stony Brook University.
Here, you have a committee that will conduct a holistic review of applicants on the whole academic fit at Stony Brook. Hence, the history of activities involving intercultural learning, leadership experiences, goals and aspirations, essay or video quality, and creativity of their submission.
Rewards will be required to pay their admission deposit at Stony Brook University by May 1, 2021, and apply at a full-time level at Stony Brook in the fall 2021 semester.
Application Process of Stony Brook Scholarship:
- 1. Apply for admission to the Stony Brook Scholarship by the January 15, 2021..
- 2. Here, you submit all required documents (transcripts and TOEFL/SAT scores) by February 1, 2021.
- 3. Submit the Application in your Stony Brook applicant portal by February 1, 2021. It should include your 500 to 1000 word essay or a two-to-five-minute video and have the link to the video in the applicant portal telling us about your leadership skills in your school or community. Hence, this is how you have to plan to continue applying your leadership skills at Stony Brook University. Thus, you will be sent login information for your applicant portal several days after submitting your application for admission.
Stony Brook Scholarship Appeal Address and Phone Number:
Scholarship Appeal Committee
Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services
Stony Brook Union, Suite 208
Stony Brook, NY 11794-3252,
Email Address – [email protected] | Phone Number 631-632-6840 Fax- 631-632-9525
Stony Brook Scholarships List and Links:
Frequently asked questions about the Stony Brook Scholarship:
What are the primary requirements to be eligible for NSE?
You have to be a full-time enrolled undergraduate student at Stony Brook for at least two successive semesters immediately preceding the exchange and have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5. Here, you need to complete the application, including personal information, academic advising forms, two references, and a personal statement about why you have to go on exchange. A meeting with the coordinator is mandatory. There is a non-refundable placement fee that the coordinator will expect when you have accepted into the program.
You have to attend one of the information sessions to find out more details about the program from the coordinator.
What is the deadline for the application?
The application deadline is February 14 for exchange the following fall and spring semester. Therefore, this deadline gives you the most excellent options for placement at the annual March conference.
Thus, after the placement conference in March, any applications will consider a late placement, and many decrease your options because many schools close for order at the meeting.
Here, the late placement deadlines for Stony Brook students are noting on the application.
Can we go anywhere we want to?
Thus, Stony Brook does not participate in the Study Abroad or International Exchange Programs available through NSE.
Here, any of the schools in the program (with the above exceptions) are open to you. Therefore, the coordinator will discuss your choices to optimize your placement into your first or second-choice school.