The main aim of this University of Virginia Jefferson Scholarship program is to cultivate citizens, academics, and leaders for self-governing people.
The University of Virginia Jefferson Scholarship Program has been operating since 1980 providing excellent financial support to undergraduate students which helps them in attaining a great height in their careers. This nurtures their passion and advances them with the benefits provided by the University.
The University of Virginia Jefferson Scholars Foundation benefits the University of Virginia by finding, providing, and inculcating people with excellent intellectual ability and increases their greatest levels of leadership, scholarship, and citizenship.
This program selects students based on the two scholarship programs
- The Jefferson Scholars Program
- The Walentas Scholars Program
This helps the students by promoting financial support to the undergraduate students. This financial support makes them feel confident and independent of others. So that they can be able to follow their passion and their abilities for the benefit of the University and beyond.
Both the program scholars will be provided access to the JSF network of Scholars, Fellows, graduates, and volunteers along with extensive financial aid packages, educational opportunities, and networking contacts.
Table of Contents
The University of Virginia Jefferson Scholarship and the Walentas Scholarship amount will be useful for the students to cover all tuition and fees for four years at the University of Virginia, along with the additional enrichment opportunities.
The University of Virginia Jefferson Scholarships or Walentas Scholarship benefits more than
- $333,000 for students who are from non- Virginia communities.
- $177,000 for students from the Virginia community.
- Then the stipend given will be extended in 2022–2023 will be more than
- $72,000 for students who are from Non-Virginia Community
- $36,000 for students who are from Virginia Community
- This stipend amount encloses all the fees including Tuition, fees, books, supplies, accommodation, board, and personal expenditures.
- The students who are receiving the University of Virginia Jefferson Scholarship and Walentas Scholarship will be given a chance to their broad and distinguished community of Scholars, Fellows, graduates, volunteers, and employees at the Foundation to go on a foreign trip to network and forge connections.
- The University of Virginia Jefferson Scholarship Foundation also provides a variety of chances for its scholars to increase their perspective through enrichment activities, as follows
- Travel abroad
- Employment Development
- The Institute for Citizenship and Leadership
- Alumni Relations
- Investigative Fund
The University of Virginia Jefferson Scholarship and Walentas Scholarships process always selects the Students who have completed their rigorous selection procedure. The students who got selected should have a continuous and distinguished success record both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Moreover, 6,000 secondary schools are applying for one or both scholarships currently. The University of Virginia Jefferson Jefferson Scholarship receives a flood of applications from all over the world and around the nation. More than 2,100 students were nominated in 2021, hailing from 49 U.S. states and territories as well as 46 other nations.
- When coming to 2022, there will be a second round of nominations for the new applicants applying for the newly formed Walentas Scholarship in 14 regions, including all of Virginia, Baltimore, New York City, Rochester, and St. Louis.
- Students can’t apply for the University of Jefferson Scholarships or Walentas Scholarships directly. The students should have excellent and higher capability in the fields of scholarship, and citizenship by the candidates’ high schools.
- Apart from this, students who are receiving the Walentas Scholars must be the first in their families to receive a bachelor’s degree from a four-year institution or university.
The students who are selected for the University of Virginia Jefferson Scholarship and Walentas Scholarships in the regional contents will be invited to participate in one or more rounds of interviews.
This event’s regional finalist selection for both the University of Virginia Jefferson Scholarship competition and the Walentas Scholarship competition will be conducted in March 2023.
The finalists will be selected based on the student’s performance in the interviews.
- As said before the students can’t apply for the University of Virginia Jefferson Scholarship or Walentas Scholarship.
- The students are selected based on the nomination given by their participating school heads by analyzing the students’ excellence in leadership, scholarship, and citizenship.
- For nominations, the process requires a list of extracurricular activities and two essays filled up by both the students and the school in charge.
- The University of Virginia Jefferson Scholarship Foundation and the Office of Undergraduate Admission are completely different and they do not have any applications in common.
- The selection process wants the students to actively participate in the selection process as this is the thing that the Jefferson Scholars Foundation needs to find the most excellent and intelligent students in the world.
- All counselors and candidates for the Jefferson and Walentas Scholars should submit a full nomination package by December 1.
- The unique deadline for the schools in the larger region is November 15.
Other than school scholars’ programs
There are three distinct graduate programs offered at the University of Jefferson Fellowships. But the selection procedures for schools and colleges are completely different. The interview process varies from one program to another.
The Jefferson Fellowship is the most prestigious award given to the top graduate fellowship selected for the following
- The Darden School of Business
- Graduate School of Arts & Sciences
- Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Science
Jefferson Fellowships are intended to identify Ph.D. and M.B.A. candidates who exhibit exceptional achievement and the highest promise as scholars, teachers, public servants, and business leaders in the United States and abroad.
The awards are completely based on the merit list. Jefferson Fellows are always advised to take the responsibility of advancing the university’s mission, intellectual life, and educational standards immediately after their selection.
The Jefferson Fellows of the Darden School of businesses will receive
- a $20,000 per year, as a renewable living allowance for two years.
- Up to $7,000 as research and travel funds and Education costs.
- Health insurance for both medical and dental.
The Jefferson Fellows Program for students enrolled in the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences will be always subjected to changes, according to the Jefferson Scholars Foundation (GSAS).
At the beginning of 2022, the Jefferson Fellows Program will offer up to two years of dissertation completion and postdoctoral support, along with a living stipend, health insurance, and research funds, to stabilize or to better address the challenges that graduate students face currently and also in response to changes in the landscape of higher education.
The nominations are based on the department to which applicants made their application for Jefferson Fellows in the Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
The Fellowship students will receive
- $5,000 in the first year and $10,000 for the remaining two to five years.
- Up to $2,500 as a study fund.
The National Fellowship assists excellent academics from top universities, with the main focus on historical and institutional studies of politics, public policy, and international relations including UVA who are finishing dissertations in American politics. The National Fellows get the following benefits
- Training in leadership abilities at a summer “boot camp” for academic research, higher education, and similar institutional purposes.
- Support for doctoral research and development for one year, with the potential for a second.
- A $25,000 as a first-year stipend and $35,000 as a second-year stipend.
- $5,000 as research funding.
- Mentorship from a prominent senior academic in the field.
- Possibility to establish and develop a research network centered on an expertise field they have chosen.
Jefferson Scholars Foundation, 112 Clarke Court, Charlottesville, VA 22903.
Phone- (434) 243-9029
Official Website- Click Here
These kinds of Scholarship programs are always welcome among the students as they provide good financial support to pursue their career objectives with ease.
These kinds of Scholarship programs will induce the students’ intellectual ability to take responsibility for Society. The students should believe that change in themselves is the start of a change in society. So they should engage them in the wellness of society program. The inculcating habit in the school students always begins with scholarships. The scholarship can’t be available to all, it is always available only to the people with good potential to create innovative ideas to enrich society’s goodness. The scholarship program benefits the number of students who are struggling in their daily life financially to meet their daily needs. These kinds of Scholarship programs remove the main obstacles in the Student’s career path. The expenses are basic and covers most of the financial necessities of the students.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1. How many children benefited from the Jefferson scholarship?
Ans. With the introduction of its Class for 2026, scholarships. The Jefferson Scholars Foundation will award its full merit scholarships to 52 deserving high school senior students so that they can continue their college degrees at the University of Virginia.
Q2. What are the advantages of the Jefferson Scholarship Program?
Ans. The Jefferson Scholars will be benefited from Team Challenge Program, the Institute for Leadership and Citizenship, the Foreign Travel Studies, the Alumni Connections Program, the Career Counseling, the Public Service Fellows, and the Enrichment Dinners and Receptions are some of the programs offered.
Q3. What are the expenses covered by the Jefferson Scholarship?
Ans. The Jefferson Scholarship program’s stipend covers tuition, fees, books, supplies, lodging, board, and personal expenditures for the duration of their entire four years at the University of Virginia.