The International awards of the American Association of University Women Fellowships (AAUW) for research or full-time study to women in the United States aren’t U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Here, both undergraduate and postgraduate studies at accredited institutions are supported.
Therefore, the American Association of University Women (AAUW) International Fellowships award to women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents to pursue full-time study or research in the U.S. The fellowships provide to study both undergraduate and postgraduate studies at accredited U.S. educational institutions.
Here, the applicants must have received the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree and have applied to their institutions where they plan to study at the time of application. Its up to five International master’s or professional degree fellowships is renewable for a second year.
Table of Contents
American Association of University Women Fellowships Details:
- Field of Study: Thus, there are no restrictions on the field of study.
- Applications were available: August 1 to November 15 every year.
- Fellowship year: The following year is from July 1 to June 30.
Eligibility criteria for AAUW International Fellowships:
- Here, the candidates must have citizenship of a country other than the U.S.
- Candidates must be having an academic degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- They should study full-time throughout the fellowship year.
- Plan to return and pursue her professional journey in her home country.
- You should have proficiency in the English language and submit TOEFL scores or any other English language test scores justifiable by the fellowship provider.
Fellowship fund is available For:
Thus, the American Dissertation Fellowships sponsor are available for
- Educational expenses.
- Living expenses.
- Dependent child care.
- To travel to professional meetings, conferences, or seminars, as long as it doesn’t exceed 10 percent of the fellowship.
Thus, the purpose of the American Dissertation Fellowship is to compensate a scholar’s living expenses while completing her dissertation. It would help if you used the fellowship for the final year of writing the dissertation.
Here, the applicants need to complete all course work, pass all initial examinations, and acknowledge their research proposals or intend by November. Students holding fellowships for writing a dissertation before the AAUW fellowships year aren’t eligible. Here, it is open to applicants in all fields of study, and academics engaged in science, technology, engineering, and math fields or those analyzing gender issues are especially encouraged to apply.
The American Fellowships stipend is more significant than any other single award or remunerative position received during the fellowship year and must acknowledge as a critical award. Its acceptance of parallel funds has a lesser amount than the AAUW award is permitted but requires prior written approval from AAUW. Thus, the dissertation fellows cannot hold collective fellowships or grants to support their final writing or complete the dissertation.
American Association of University Women Fellowship Eligibility:
- Here, the candidates of the American Fellowship must be permanent residents or U.S. citizens.
- The American Fellowships are open to scholars who identify as women in all fields of study.
- It would use the American Dissertation Fellowship for the final year of writing the dissertation. Hence, the applicants should complete all coursework, pass all initial exams, and had the dissertation research proposal or plans to approve by November 1, 2020. You might finish the doctoral degree/dissertation between April 1 and June 30, 2022. Hence, the degree accordance must be between April 1 and September 15, 2022.
- The dissertation Fellows are not required to study in the U.S.
- Then, the applicants may apply up to two times for a fellowship for the same dissertation project.
- Students who were already holding a fellowship or grant to support their final year of writing or complete the dissertation year before the fellowship year isn’t eligible to apply.
Selection Criteria and Application Review:
Therefore, the American Fellowships panel meets once a year to review funding applications—awards base on the selection criteria outlined here. Thus, the panel’s recommendations are subject to final approval by the AAUW Board of Directors. Fellowships award on a competitive basis according to funds available in a given fiscal year.
Here, the applications and supporting documents become the sole property of AAUW and will not be returned or held for another year.
The application process for this AAUW scholarship:
- It provides three recommenders who are professors or professional colleagues familiar with you, your work, and your academic background complete towards scholarly pursuits. Here, recommenders should be professors or professional colleagues in the applicant’s home country who can speak about the applicant’s qualifications when possible and the country’s need for the specialized skill or knowledge she plans to acquire with her preferred study or research.
- A financial statement of Budget and Payment is required
- Official transcripts required
The following documents required for American Association of University Women Fellowship mention as below
- Letter of Admission
- Proof of current enrollment (currently-enrolled applications only)
- A certified English translation requires all documents provided in a foreign language, including transcripts, letters, and diplomas.
Short-Term Research Publication Grants:
Thus, the Short-Term Research Publication Grants provide support to scholars to prepare research manuscripts for publication. Preference will give to applicants who have work support the vision of AAUW: to break through educational and economic blockade so that all women have a fair chance.
Criteria for Short-Term Research Publication Grants:
Therefore, the primary criterion for fellowship awards is scholarly excellence. Applications are reviewing by distinguished scholars and should prepare accordingly.
Therefore, compared to the proposals of equal merit, the panel review will give special consideration to women who may hold junior academic appointments seeking research leave, who will save the doctorate for at least three years, and whose educational careers have interrupted.
Eligibility for Short-Term Research Publication Grants:
- Here, the Short-Term Research Publication Grants applicants have to hold a Ph.D., D.B.A., Ed.D., M.F.A., D.V.M., D.S.W., J.D., M.D., D.M.D., or M.P.H. at the time of application.
- The tenured professors are not eligible.
- The grants are for tenure-track, part-time, temporary faculty, and new and established researchers at universities.
- Scholars with vital publication records should look for funding elsewhere.
- The time must be available for eight consecutive weeks of final document preparation. While several recipients will use the awards during the summer, especially full-time faculty members, recipients can use the funds whenever during the fellowship year.
- Applicants can’t apply for another American Association of University Women Fellowship (AAUW) national fellowship or grant in the same year.
Short-Term American Research Publication Grants funds are available for:
- Living expenses.
- Clerical and technical support.
- The assistance research is related to verification (not basic research).
- Office supplies, postage, copying, and related expenses.
- Dependent child care.
- Journal fees.
Short-Term Research American Publication Grants funds are not available for:
- Purchase of equipment.
- Indirect costs.
- Institutional (overhead) costs.
- Salary increases.
- Doctoral dissertation research or writing.
AAUW regards the receiving of a fellowship as a contract that requires fulfillment of the terms:
- All the American Association of University Women Fellowship recipients are required to sign a contract and receiving the award. They will be a part of the fellowship contract if the applicant awards a fellowship while maintaining these instructions.
- Thus, fellows should work up to 20 hours per week or teach one section of one course, with prior written approval from AAUW.
- Hence, any significant changes in plans for the fellowship year need to have prior written approval from AAUW.
- Stipends will be payable to fellows, not to institutions.
- Therefore, fellows are responsible for reporting the fellowship as income to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
AAUW Address and Phone No:
1310 L St. NW, Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20005 Ph-202.785.7700