Are you a financially savvy individual looking for an exciting opportunity to kickstart or further develop your career in higher education financial administration? Brunel University London, a renowned institution with a rich history and a commitment to multidisciplinary research, is seeking a passionate individual to join its Services Team in a finance role within the College of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences (CHMLS). This position offers an inclusive salary range of £28,250 to £29,605 (Grade 5) inclusive of London Weighting, with potential to progress to £33,904 per annum. If you’re intrigued by the prospect of contributing to a prestigious university’s financial activities, keep reading to learn more about this unique opportunity.
|Location:||Brunel University London, Uxbridge Campus|
|Salary:||£28,250 to £29,605 (Grade 5) inclusive of London Weighting with potential to progress to £33,904 per annum|
|Placed On:||30th October 2023|
|Closes:||30th November 2023|
Table of Contents
About Brunel University London:
Brunel University LondonBrunel University London, established in 1966, is a leading research-intensive technology university that focuses on delivering economic, social, and cultural benefits to society. With a commitment to inclusion, diversity, and academic excellence, Brunel University London offers a dynamic and enriching environment for both students and staff. To learn more about the institution’s history and mission, please visit Brunel University, London.
The College of Health, Medicine, and Life Sciences (CHMLS):
CHMLS is a key player in clinical and life science education, offering a wide range of courses spanning Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences, Psychology, Biological Sciences, Physician Associate, Physiotherapy, Medicine, and Nursing. As CHMLS continues to expand, the need for dedicated professionals to support its financial operations is growing. This is where you come in.
As a College Finance Assistant at Brunel University London, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the College’s financial activities. Your responsibilities will include:
- Processing Orders and Invoices: You will be responsible for the daily processing of orders and invoices in strict adherence to financial regulations.
- Finance Queries: Act as a point of contact for finance queries, especially regarding procurement, providing valuable support and guidance.
- Expense Claims: Process, advise on, and report staff and non-staff expense claims and reimbursements, ensuring compliance with established protocols.
- Budget Reporting and Forecasting: Assist in budget reporting and forecasting for operational sub-projects within the College, contributing to sound financial planning.
- Financial Records: Maintain accurate financial records, collaborating with budget holders to help them stay within budget and in compliance with the university’s financial regulations.
- Liaison: Interact with colleagues in various university departments, including Finance, Procurement, Payroll, and Sales Ledger, to ensure seamless financial operations.
- Deputising: Occasionally, you may be required to deputize for the College Finance Officer, stepping into their role when necessary.
What Brunel University London Offers:
In return for your contributions, Brunel University London offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Generous Annual Leave: Enjoy a competitive annual leave package and discretionary University closure days.
- Training and Development: Access excellent training and development opportunities to enhance your professional skills.
- Pension Scheme: Benefit from a great occupational pension scheme.
- Health-Related Support: Access a range of health-related support services.
- Hybrid Working: The university is committed to a hybrid working approach, offering flexibility and work-life balance.
Application Deadline and Interviews:
The closing date for applications is Thursday, 30th November 2023, at midnight. Interviews will be scheduled for a date to be confirmed.
For further information or an informal discussion about the position, please reach out to Gary Dear at [email protected].
How to Apply:
To learn more about this role, including the full job description and person specification, and to apply, please visit the Brunel University London careers portal. If you encounter any technical issues during the application process, contact us at [email protected].
Brunel University London is fully committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive workforce culture. Applicants from all backgrounds and communities are welcome, and the university particularly encourages individuals who are currently underrepresented in its workforce to apply.
If you are eager to contribute to the financial success of an esteemed institution while developing your career in higher education financial administration, this College Finance Assistant position at Brunel University London might be the perfect opportunity for you. Apply now and be a part of a diverse and inclusive academic community dedicated to making a positive impact on society.