Are you interested in hiring a Graduate Research Assistant to support the work of faculty Mark A. Hanson? A successful applicant will work on isolating insect viruses from bacteria/fungi for Drosophila infection experiments as well as molecular biology experiments. This part-time position can provide full-time employment.
Table of Contents
- Location: Cornwall, University of Exeter
- Salary: £32,332 up to £34,980
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Terms of Employment: Fixed-Term, Contract
- Work Schedule:
- Start & Close Date: 1st November 2023 & 4th December 2023
- Languages: English
- Candidates will support teams that understand the University wide teaching and partner and research goals with our academics accordingly.
- They will western blot and protein isolation, using antibodies to monitor activation of proteins of interest.
- They are responsible for DNA cloning for transgene insertions, and also dsRNA synthesis
- They will reagent management and laboratory stock and ordering using the T1 system.
- They will insect virus and Microbe culturing (Category 1-2) use.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Drosophila fruit fly maintenance and rearing, including D. melanogaster genetics
- Management, generation, and analysis of data relating to the project
- Freedom to work creatively across a diverse range of disciplines to pursue their intellectual interests and produce exciting research at an international level
- Freedom to work creatively across a range of disciplines to produce exciting research and pursue your internationally exciting intellectual interests
- Leading benefits around maternity
- Adoption and shared parental leave (up to 26 weeks full pay)
- Full salary for 6 weeks under paternity leave
- A Fertility Treatment Policy
- A beautiful campus situated in the middle of stunning Cornwall
How to Apply:
To apply for this Communication Disorders Assistant position, please email your application to [email protected]. Please submit your application online only. Your application must include the following:
This job opportunity provides an entry point into the field of interviews and workplaces. If all applicants would be assessed on their merits alone, we would particularly welcome applications from groups who are currently under-represented in our working community. If you have a passion for helping people and are looking for a fulfilling role, we encourage you to apply to join a dynamic team dedicated to improving the lives of those in need.